NEES @ Illinois is equipped with state-of-the-art facility for combining experimental and analytical
simulations for investigating the complex response of structures to seismic events.
The MUST-SIM facilities include:
- Three large-scale and three small-scale Load and Boundary Condition Boxes (LBCBs) capable of imposing any displacement or rotations in all 6 Dofs;
- An RC (Reinforced Concrete) strong wall of 15.2 x 9.1 x 8.5 x 1.5 m;
- Three advanced non-contact measurement systems;
- Simulation coordinators (UI-SIMCOR) , which integrate numerical and physical models;
- A teleparticipation facility including full NEESgrid capability and a visitor center.